Are you thinking to start a business in Hong Kong? We have collected some key startup trends at our last breakfast workshop in partnership with InvestHK:
Consumer trends to watch:
The retail market size has over US$57,000 million retail value recorded in 2017, aided by strong and stable local consumption.
Sales of Sportswear has doubled in 5 years and it's the strongest value growth!
Top sports activities:
• Cross-fit training
3 categories of consumers to watch out:
• Tourist market - 60 million tourist arrive in Hong Kong annually
• Silver (elderly) market - we are not getting younger!
• Toys and collectible market (collector's item) - the toy fair is the biggest in Asia!
Growing entrepreneurs community:
• Over 2,200 startups in HK (+109% in 5 years)
• They have over 6,300 employees (+165% in 5 years)
• 50+ co-working spaces & accelerators (+1,000% in 5 years)
The rent is high in Hong Kong but here are a list of low-cost options to lease a space to sell:
• Korean Cultural centre,
• Tai Kwun,
• D2 Place,
• Pop-ups with the fellow female entrepreneurs!
Whether you're at the idea stage or ready to grow your business, the FEW community is here for you! From COMPANY SET UP, ACCOUNTING TO MARKETING SUPPORT.
Click below to learn more! 👇👇 👇